Sunday, June 28, 2009

About Me

Here’s a bit about me:
I live with my mom, dad, and sister in McFarland. My sister is leaving for UW Madison in August, just two months away. A lot of people are glad when their siblings leave for college, but I’m really going to miss her. My family doesn’t have any pets except for one small orange fish in our giant fish tank. We’re going to get some more soon (I hope!) My extended family is really small but we have so much fun. I love to hang out with my five cousins, who are all girls between the ages of 8 and 12. I wish I got to see them more often, but two of them live in Ohio, a nine hour drive away. They’re coming to visit in two weeks and I can’t wait!
My interests… where to begin? I love to work with kids, and right now babysitting is my only job. I help out with Sunday school at my Church and I’m volunteering for a week this summer as a high school staffer at Lake Waubesa Bible camp. I also love music; I sing, play the flute, and play the piano. I’m in band, choir, and jazz band, so music is a really huge part of my life. I’m going to be in “Damn Yankees” in the fall and I’m totally jazzed for that! I also participate in ambassadors and I’m on the yearbook staff. I really enjoy scrapbooking, reading, and cooking.
Other random facts about me: I love chocolate and Italian food. As far as my favorite color goes, it changes daily. Today it’s green, who knows what it’ll be tomorrow! All color is amazing, in general. I love musicals; my favorites are The Sound of Music and The Wizard of Oz. My favorite vacation spots are Florida and Ohio. Florida seems cliché, and Ohio is not what’s thought of as a great vacation spot, but they’re both just so awesome!
I hope you all enjoyed learning a little bit more than you needed to know about me!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elise!

    Good job getting your blog up and running. Now you have three tasks ahead of you:
    1. Read and annotate the two Talk of the Town essays found in the class resources page
    2. Post your response to these essays. Remember that your post can take any form or tone suitable to your goals. Just be creative and thoughtful!
    3. Start following other people’s blogs. Their URLs can be found in the comments to my first post, or on the blogroll that will shortly be added to the class resources page.

    If you have any questions, please let me know. I hope your summer is off to a rousing start, and I’m glad you’re part of this year’s AP Composition experience!

    Best,
    Mr. Kunkle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good writing, Elise! I feel I know you a little better now. The only thing that irked me a bit was the spacing. Put another space between paragraphs, please. It's by no means necessary, just a preference.

    On a side note, I think I'm finally getting the hang of this site, too.

    Hope you're having fun with your family,

    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete